
Yesterday we went to our local Picture Innovations Studio and had the kids pictures taken. The first year of Greta's life I took her to get her picture taken every three months, they change so fast. I have learned to loathe picture studios. Not because the pictures don't turn out well, they do. It's more my dread of trying to get my kids to sit in a certain pose and smile long enough for the photographer to get a good shot. So, yesterday I made up my mind to tell Greta one time in the car, "I expect you to sit quietly and smile at the lady with the camera, if you could do that I'd be so proud of you". After that I told myself, do not go into the studio, stay in the waiting area. Grammy (Martha, Nick's Mom) was there as well as Aunt Stiana, two people here in Idaho that my children will always choose to go to rather than me. So, I just waited and let them smile and cajole my kids with sweet pleas and compliments. One picture, great! Two pictures, oh so cute! Three pictures, stop squirming Greta! Four pictures, Zeke's crawling away! 5,6,7,8.........about 70 pictures later Greta had had it. Here's where the 1000 words come in, and all from me. I wish that I could learn to parent with out saying sooooo much. I mean, I can't believe that even after all my instructing and refocusing Greta that she'd throw a fit. Doesn't she know that this would only take a little bit longer and then we could go and get a drink at Sonic? My pleas, or threats, whatever, were falling on deaf and indignant ears. When I put Greta to bed last night, I told her that I loved her, but I was a little disappointed with how she acted today. She smiled at me and said a little sheepishly, "I'm so proud of you Mommy". I have nothing more to say now.






I love the pictures!! Jen
ReplyDeleteWow! I think you got some great photos!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Children!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you Reez!
Chris